2016年10月4日星期二

Resorts, chalets to halt operation following monsoon season

Resorts, chalets in Terengganu halt operation following monsoon season



Resorts and chalets operation at several tourism islands in Terengganu had begun to halt their operation in stages until January next year following the monsoon and northeast monsoon seasons.

State Culture and Tourism Executive Committee deputy chairman Tengku Zaihan Che Ku Abd Rahman said the period would also enable the operators to do upgrading works on their premises.

“The number of tourists arrivals to Perhentian Island has already started to drop although there are still big hotels operating.

“Thus, in view of the situation, the state government would like to urge operators of hotels and resorts to be more concerned of the tourists’ safety by advising them on activities to do,” he told Bernama here Tuesday.

Among the islands that attracted the interest of tourists in Terengganu are Perhentian Island, Redang Island, Kapas Island, Lang Tengah Island and Tenggol Island.

Tengku Zaihan, who is also Kuala Besut State Assemblyman, urged tourism players to further improve the facade of their resorts and chalets as preparation for the Visit Terengganu 2017 next year.

“The state government has carried out a lot of promotion locally and in conjunction with the event next year.

“Our hope is that all existing hotels and resorts operators can provide the best service to all tourists so that they can be our ‘ambassador’ to introduce Terengganu to their friends and families,” he said.

So far, there are 328 hotels and resorts with 12,141 rooms in various tourism destinations in the state.

These included 17 in Redang Island, 28 in Perhentian Kecil Island, 19 in Perhentian Besar Island, nine in Kapas Island and Gemia Island and three each in Tenggol Island and Lang Tengah Island.

~News courtesy of Bernama~

没有评论:

发表评论